Florida Home Insurance Choices
People’s Trust Insurance offers flexible Florida insurance options to meet a variety of your home ownership needs. We offer different policy options designed to fit a range of budgetary and protection needs:
Full-Service HO3 Policy – This insurance option is for homeowners who want a standard Florida home insurance policy. This type of policy is primarily for:
- Owner occupied homes
- Home values of $100,000 and greater ($200,000 minimum for Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties)
Basic Choice Coverage – This lower-cost insurance option is a named perils policy and excludes certain types of coverage, such as water damage and theft, to save you money. Basic Choice satisfies most mortgage requirements, and may help some homeowners better afford their monthly mortgage payment. This type of policy is primarily for:
- Owner occupied or Tenant occupied homes
- Home values of $50,000 and greater ($100,000 minimum for Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties)
Questions to Ask When Selecting Your Florida Home Insurance
While price may be a factor in your Florida Home Insurance selection process, you should also consider the following questions:
- What is my home value?
- What is the value of the assets in my home?
- Am I paying for coverage I don’t need?
- Is saving money worth increased risk?
- How available is my insurance company if I have questions?
- How quickly will they respond if I have a claim?
- What will my insurance company do after a hurricane?
- How financially stable is the insurance provider?
Getting Started with a People’s Trust Home Insurance Policy
To help you decide which policy type and coverage is right for you, we have helpful, friendly and licensed staff waiting for your call to assist you, or you can also choose to work with one of our Independent Agents.
Whether you call us directly or speak with one of our trusted independent agency partners, People’s Trust will help you:
- Choose a policy type and coverage
- Complete an application
- Get answers to your questions
- Understand the details of your policy
- Set up your home inspection
Inspecting Your Home
For every comprehensive homeowner’s policy (HO3), we inspect the home as soon as possible after you buy your policy. This extra step is a unique difference in how we do business. There is no cost to the homeowner. By identifying potential problems up front, we give you an opportunity to correct the issue, which enables us to maintain affordable premiums for all of our policyholders.
Our inspection process is comprehensive but simple:
- We’ll call you within 2 business days to schedule an inspection
A dispatcher will typically contact you within 2 business days of when you purchase your policy. If you need to re-schedule, you can call 561-609-1000.
- Taking photos inside and out
The People’s Trust Field Risk Evaluator needs full access to both the interior and exterior of the property to capture proper documentation and obtain required photos. Overview pictures will be taken in every room, as well as important key areas, such as under your kitchen sink.
- The inspection should be completed within 14 days
If the home shows existing damage in plain view, we will bring it to the homeowner’s attention and require that repairs be made in a timely manner.
Have questions? Give us a call: 561-609-1000
Welcome to a Better Way
People’s Trust Insurance offers a Better Way of doing business that lowers your premium and saves you time and effort in the event of a claim or loss. Just call People’s Trust first, and your simple and seamless recovery will be set into motion.
Your People’s Trust claims representative will take it from there and contact our affiliated general contractor, the Rapid Response Team to mitigate damage and perform repairs – all with a 3-year, 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on workmanship! When you take advantage of our Better Way, you also get 24/7 emergency claims service from the Rapid Response Team.