Homeowner’s Insurance (HO3 Policy)
Your home is one of your largest investments, so you want to be confident that it’s properly insured. At People’s Trust Insurance, our goal is to provide you with solid Florida home insurance protection at an affordable price. Getting you the best value for home insurance is our goal.
We offer a full range of insurance coverage to protect you, your family, your home and your possessions.
Insuring Your Home
Our Florida homeowners insurance is designed to protect your home and other structures on your property (such as a separate garage or fence).
With a Florida home insurance policy from People’s Trust, you can be protected against many types of accidental loss, including, but not limited to:
- Fire or smoke
- Windstorm or hail
- Water, excluding Flood
Insuring Your Personal Property
Our Florida home insurance policy protects your personal possessions, such as clothing and furnishings. Our homeowner policies automatically include coverage for your personal property at Actual Cash Value. This means that your lost or damaged property will receive a depreciated value at the time of a loss.
We also offer Replacement Cost coverage for an additional premium, where we will reimburse you based on what your personal property costs to replace today without considering depreciation. Replacement Cost coverage is subject to policy limits, terms and exclusions, all specifically listed in your policy.
Covering Additional Living Expenses
In the event of a covered loss that makes your home unfit to live in, we’ll provide coverage for reasonable additional living expenses you may incur while your home is repaired, subject to your policy limits.
If you own high value items of jewelry, furs, silverware or fine art, we have additional coverage available for these items. Ask your Sales Representative or Independent Agent for details.
Providing Liability Coverage
Your People’s Trust policy can protect you should someone pursue a claim or lawsuit against you for their bodily injury or property damage, subject to the policy limits, terms and conditions of the policy.
The HO3 Homeowner Policy is only available to homes currently occupied by the owner. The owner must reside in the home at least 9 months out of the year for the house to be considered a primary residence. To insure the house as a secondary or seasonal residence, the owner must reside in the home at least 4 months out of the year.
An HO3 (Homeowner Policy) may be issued to:
- A private residence currently occupied by the insured owner.
- No more than two families.
- No more than two boarders/roomers per family.
- NOTE: Duplexes that meet these conditions are acceptable for an HO3 policy. However, the individual whose name is on the policy must physically reside full time in one of the units to be insured.
- Revocable trusts, with request from the insured homeowner.
An HO3 (Homeowner Policy) may not be issued to:
- A Corporation
- A Partnership
- An Association
- An Irrevocable Trust
- Triplex and Quadplex
- Land Trust
- An estate of or in Probate
Our HO3 policies do not cover:
- Any structure or attachment with a roof or exterior wall coverings made of thatch, lattice, slats, screens, or similar material
- Slat houses, chickees, tiki huts, gazebos, cabanas, canopies, pergolas, or similar structures, which are built to be open to the weather unless attached to the home
- Structures built partially or entirely over water
- Outdoor radio and television antennas or satellite dishes and aerials including their lead wiring, masts, or towers
- Above ground swimming pools
- Water backup and sewer backup (buy back available)
- Water damage for homes more than 40 years old (buy back available)
We do not cover Personal Liability and Medical Payments to others arising out of the following:
- Animal Liability – Animals considered vicious, exotic or that have prior bite history are not eligible for coverage. People’s Trust Insurance does NOT have a “Bad Breed” List.
- Aircraft, watercraft, and motor vehicles.
- Trampolines, diving boards, pool slides, treehouses, empty or inoperable swimming pools, pools that are not adequately fenced or screened.
Not sure if this is for you? Compare the HO3 policy with our cost-saving Basic Choice Option.
Note: Any details of the coverage and programs we provide are necessarily abbreviated in these pages. All coverage is subject to the provisions, limitations and exclusions stated in the policy contract. Any claim will be evaluated on its own merits. For a complete explanation of coverage, please consult one of our sales representatives.