Lighting fireworks is a cherished Independence Day tradition that families all across Florida look forward to watching each year. However, lighting them off yourself can be highly dangerous to not only your friends and family but also to your home. Being Florida homeowners, we all know the last thing you want is for your home to be ruined by one firework. So, let’s be safe this year and leave it up to the professionals. But where should you go to see the best-illuminated sky? To keep you, your friends and family, and your home safe, we’ve collected some of the best locations in Florida that offer the best fireworks display that will fulfill everyone with joy. Put on your best red, white and blue outfit and celebrate America’s birthday!
1. Red Hot & Boom, – Located at Cranes Roost Park, the City of Altamonte Springs hosts an annual Independence Day celebration on July 3rd from 4 to 11 p.m., fireworks are scheduled to start at 9:30. Red Hot & Boom offers great performances, mouthwatering eats, and beautiful fireworks. Go out and enjoy this free event!
Learn more about Altamonte Springs’ Red Hot & Boom Celebration
[Image via Altamonte]
2. Fireworks at the Fountain, Orlando, FL – Located at Lake Eola Park, the city of Orlando is hosting their 42nd annual Fireworks at the Fountain. This event offers a kids play area, live music, food and beverages available for purchase, all starting at 4 p.m. Do you qualify for active duty or veteran discounts? If so, you can stop by the Sprint Military Appreciation Area for a custom and covered fireworks viewing area, with private restroom and catering. All you have to do is provide an official form of United States Military I.D to get in with up to three guests. Fireworks are scheduled for 9:20, you won’t want to miss this free firework display!
Learn more about Orlando’s Fireworks at the Fountain
[Image via orlando.gov]
3. Panama City Beach, FL – Panama City Beach offers three nights of fireworks, starting on July 3rd; Freedom Rocks, Star Spangled Spectacular, and Light up the Gulf. On July 4th, starting at 9 p.m, Star Spangled Spectacular offers the largest fireworks display on the Gulf Coast fired from the City Pier. Make a trip out of it and go to all three events, or pick one that seems the most appealing to you!
Learn more about Panama City Beach July 4th Celebrations
[Image via Facebook]
4. Independence Eve Celebration, Apalachicola, FL – This event displays stunning fireworks over the Apalachicola River, offering great food, a parade, veterans tribute, bouncy houses for kids, and more! Pack some lawn chairs and picnic blankets and head over to Apalachicola for this free firework display and parade, starting at 5 p.m. on July 3rd.
Learn more about Apalachicola’s Independence Eve Celebration
[Image via Apalachtimes 5. The Landing, Jacksonville, FL– On July 4th, starting at 9:45, fireworks are displayed over the river and can be seen from the Riverwalk on either side. The Jacksonville Landing is a festival marketplace in downtown located along the Jacksonville Riverwalk. The Landing will be filled with live performances, family-friendly activates, food and drinks, and of course the fireworks over the river. Not feeling a huge crowd? Instead, you can head to the Jacksonville Beach for their annual fireworks show.
Learn more about The Jacksonville Landing 4th of July Celebration
[Image via Facebook]
6. Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL– Magic Kingdom Park hosts the firework show “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” on both July 3rd and 4th. There is nothing like watching the fireworks in front of the castle! Epcot, on the 4th, also offers evening concerts of great American songs of Liberty and a chance to meet Mickey. Also on the 4th, Disney’s Hollywood studios have a show called “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” with fireworks, lasers, projection effects and more!
[Image via Disney Parks Blog]
7. America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park, Miami, FL – This firework display at Bayfront Park has been voted as the best display in South Florida! Fireworks starting at 9 p.m., but most activities begin around 2 p.m. This birthday bash has a Budweiser Beer Garden & Stage that offers great music and activities for all adults, must be 21 or older. Bringing the little ones? No problem, there is The Family Fun Zone suited for children of all ages with free activities starting at 3 p.m. With a family fun zone, live music, and an amazing firework show, you’re guaranteed a good time.
Learn more about America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park in Miami
[Image via Greater Miami and Beaches]
8. Fourth of July Spectacular, Fort Lauderdale, FL – This Independence Day Celebration will feature live bands, a kids zone, beach games, contests, family filled activities and an amazing firework show. On July 4th from noon until 9:30 this celebration will have endless energy and excitement.
Learn more about Fort Lauderdale’s Fourth of July Spectacular
[Image via City of Fort Lauderdale]
9. Threshers Game, Clearwater, FL– Looking for something different to do this year? On July 3rd the Threshers play home in Clearwater against the Fort Myers Miracles. You can celebrate Independence Day with some baseball and then watch an eye-catching fireworks display post-game. What a unique fun way to celebrate the 4th of July! Take yourself out to the ballgame and buy some Cracker Jacks!
Learn more about Threshers Independence Day Game in Clearwater
[Image via St. Pete Clearwater]
10. The Key Lime Festival, Key West, FL– One of Florida’s biggest food events and ends with a massive display of fireworks over the beautiful Casa Marina Resort. Plenty of events through the 4th to the 7th of July. Be a part of the World’s Key Lime Pie Eating Contest for $20 or watch for free. Will you be crowned the 2019 Key Lime Pie Eating World Champion? Find out while celebrating Independence Day!
Learn more about The Key Lime Festival in Key West
[Image via Facebook]
People’s Trust Insurance wishes everyone a fun and safe July 4th holiday!